Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"Been along time since I came around. Its been along time, but I’m back in town. And this time I’m not leaving without you."



Happy June! After a lovely MDW, I am prepared to post every single day. I'm not kidding. Granted, I might post twice in one day to substitute another out, but still, I'm going to make the greatest effort to say something everyday (really, how hard can it be?) This task does seem a bit daunting though, perhaps because of my awful track record. So, in order to start it out with a little bit of ease, I'll just rely on my 5C's!

Today is a healthy dose of confidence, recently inspired by Lady GaGa.

“I don’t view myself as outrageous – that’s not the intention. Its to be more and more original.”

So I have definitely gushed about the ‘Ga’ before, but after watching her MTV interview, a good portion of her Monster Ball Tour on HBO and purchasing her latest album, I am Gaga obsessed. Obsessed. However my state of awe is not induced because of her crazy outfits, bizarre stage antics or even her killer music. It is her confidence, her unmistakable security in herself that should be emulated.

OK, so she hatched from an embryo on stage, call her a whacko. The truth is, it takes a strong, self-secure person to be able to do that. The ability to not give a shit what anyone else thinks is a rare quality. Everyone has their own insecurities, but Gaga banishes them. And that is why I love her. In this world where people constantly reek of envy and jealousy because they don’t think they are good, smart, pretty enough themselves, Gaga is the biggest breathe of fresh, honest air.

"You have to be unique, and different, and shine in your own way."

I’ve always felt that insecure people are dangerous, and to me, they are the weird ones. If you don’t know who you are, how the hell do you expect anyone else to respect you? Gaga knows who she is. I can’t really say the same for too many other people out there.

"All that ever holds somebody back, I think, is fear. For a minute I had fear. [Then] I went into the [dressing] room and shot my fear in the face..."

She’s secure; it really is, as simple as that. She loves New York. She’s Italian. Her favorite Bruce Springsteen song is Thunder Road. (So really, how could I NOT love her?!) She believes in herself. Thus, in turn, she believes in others. I think that is truly the mark of an incredible human being; to know oneself so well that you appreciate the uniqueness of all those around you. Security in yourself allows you to admire, not envy, your friends, your enemies and everyone else you encounter.

"Don't you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can't be exactly who you are."

Her latest album, “Born This Way,” is my absolute favorite so far. None of the songs are quite as catchy as say, “Poker Face,” or “Alejandro,” but they showcase her true talent; song writing. She, just like Springsteen and John Mayer, writes some of the most beautiful, real lyrics I’ve heard in a long time. It’s still edgy and a little out there, but it highlights her vocals. “You and I,” is my favorite song on the whole album, and of course “Born This Way,” is just fabulous. Oh and, as if I’m not already drooling, Clarence Clemons, yes of the E-Street Band, plays sax on multiple tracks. Love.

I think Lady Gaga is on to something beautiful. Authenticity. And it’s that strong, sense of self that gives me goosebumps everytime I listen to her.

"It doesn't matter who you are, or where you come from, or how much money you've got in your pocket. You have your own destiny and your own life ahead of you."



No comments:

Post a Comment