Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Hey, she's a piratey soul full a' vinegar and glitter. She is a song of her own from down the wrong end of the river. Wild, like the lily-a-passion."


Thanks to a fabulous sorority sister and my inexcusable negligence of this blog, I am creating a two-week challenge for myself. My lovely sister is challenging herself to dress up and look presentable for class everyday and that inspired me to write something, anything, once a day for the next 14 days. I claim to never have anytime to blog, but I know that is only a lame excuse. In fact, these next two weeks promise to be some of the most hectic I’ve confronted in college thus far, so I’m purposely doing this challenge during them, to prove that I can not only efficient my time between school and my obligations but with writing as well. Even if it is only a quick little blurb, a montage of my favorite magazine ads or something as simple as a quote, I need to make a post everyday. No excuses. I have to make the time, because if I can’t even manage to write for pleasure as a little college student, how the hell do I plan on making this my career? This really shouldn’t even be all that difficult, I love to write, I enjoy blogging, I just need the motivation to make myself sit down and do it. I suppose I found it. (And for the record this declaration completely qualifies as blog post 1 of 14).

Gotcha! Of course I will be oh-so-sweet as to deliver a post that has a bit more substance in it then the promise to write something of interest in the future.

If you know me well (or even if you don’t—this is something you will probably pick up on quickly) you know I have an obscene obsession with the show Gilmore Girls. I cannot even begin to express my love and devotion for that mother-daughter team so full of wit, humor, and knowledge of pop culture. As much as I love the show and think both Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel are gorgeous, I will admit Rory Gilmore’s wardrobe left much to be desired. Frumpy sweaters and mom jeans made me want to die a little every time I had to watch Rory do something slightly awkward on screen, because her outfit choice moved her form the ‘slightly awkward stage’ to the ‘she’s quite bizarre stage.’ Rory, I love you, your intelligence, your love of the written word and your ambition, but the fugly outfits have got to go. The end of the season brought much improvement and relief, but as her outfits got better her intelligence seemed to wane, which I find quite insulting.

Luckily, the real-life Alexis seems to have really grown up in the past few years since the end of Gilmore Girls. Yes, she has always been strikingly beautiful with her flawless complexion and bright, beautiful eyes, but now she’s on the cusp of well-dressed woman, and I couldn’t be more pleased. Just in the past week along she has nailed every outfit. She’s proving she has style (or a stylist) and she isn’t just wearing the clothes, she truly looks more graceful and put together. She looks fabulous I can’t even pick a favorite outfit—except I can. The black pencil skirt and chic top wins out, although she looks strikingly sophisticated in the blue J. Mendel dress and she reminds me of a grown-up Madeline in the eye-popping red little dress. I love that one of my favorite actresses is becoming one of my favorite “best-dressed” icons. And I actually like the hair color change, it’s fresh and different, nice change but nothing drastic.

Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment