Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

"These boots are made for walking, and that's just what they'll do, one of these days these boots will walk all over you."

I got my first pair of cowboy boots my freshmen year of high school from Lord & Taylors. I didn't really realize it then, but cowboy boots are a fashion necessity in the wardrobe of any well-dressed woman. It's just one of those things that should be in your closet, regardless if your from the West or not. Depending on the style of the boot they either add some edge or sweetness to a little sundress during the spring season. Mine are just your basic light brown boots, but I literally started drooling I saw this beautiful pair in the recent issue of Lucky magazine.
However, $500, for a pair of cowboy boots is a bit excessive, especially considering I'm a college student, and even if I scrimped and saved the money to purchase them I wouldn't feel happy about spending it all on one pair of boots. (This is why I don't put money away for anything in particular, because once I save all that money I can't bring myself to blow it all. I just can't do it.) Plus, between you know tuition, books, sorority bills, my coffee addiction and weekends out I'd just feel foolish, frivolous and selfish spending that much money on a pair of boots when I could be helping my parents out or making savvy financial decisions.
But who knows, maybe by the end of 2011 I'll have stashed enough away and will feel justified in purchasing them. And if not, I'll just continue to covet them and write about my current fashion obsession: The leather "Bonnie Vesuvio" boots from Allens Boots in Austin Texas.





No comments:

Post a Comment