Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Back to the Basics


It has been a summer of simplicity as I’m drawn to the effortless, chic ease of doing things.  I’m plain sick and tired of clutter. I want to just chuck out the remnants of randomness that don’t belong, but I hold on to anyways, just in case. For instance the shopping bags of notes and tests from high school on the top closet of my shelf--its time to go. Old books I’ll never read again need to be donated, and I’ve purged my closet to make room for the new.

Therefore it is time to de-clutter this blog. Time to revamp it, update it, and give it a much-wanted makeover. It certainly does not NEED it, but I think change is good.

It’s kind of like that awkward leftover that does not fit on the dish. You know what I’m talking about. You’re having company over and you’re arranging the home-baked cookies on a platter, yet no matter how you arrange ‘em, there is always an extra one. And you’re left with this groundbreaking decision of what to do with the “extra.” Majority of the time we just throw it on top of the display we worked so tirelessly on, shrugging our shoulders. Well guess what. I’m sick of that one “extra” throwing off my display. I’m sick of the clutter. So I’m just going to get rid of it.  Eat it, perhaps.

I have tried to depict said act with this update. I got rid of all the extra, awkward cookies. They sure look and taste good, but they don’t really belong.

I needed something bold, simple and fresh. I hope you like it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment